do you stay or go?
I have been with my current company for many, many years. I started off as receptionist, made my way into accounting, and then got fed up, and quit for another job. Hated the other job, quit that job for another job (this was in a 3 month span by the way), hated that job too, and then went right back to original job but this time in customer service. So really, I only left my company for a 3 month span, and there are many days I wonder why on earth I ever came back or why I stay. I feel like I’m in a really bad, abusive relationship, but I just can’t get enough. I’m a fucking masochist!
The pro’s of the company are:
1. They’re pretty flexible if you need time off.
2. You can say things like “Fuck”, “bitch”, “cunt”, and not get fired.
3. The majority of the people are really awesome and make working there really enjoyable.
4. They offer 5 paid sick days, and have always given pretty good x-mas parties and x-mas bonuses.
The cons are:
1. The pay is crap, I could, and have gotten paid more elsewhere
2. Management is under-qualified so you’re pretty much left flying solo, and often have to deal with attitudes that would never fly anywhere else.
3. Nothing works properly, and so our customers are often left feeling pretty pissed off and guess who gets to deal with them? Us!
4. There is big time favoritism and double standards, therefore while you work your ass off the employee next to you fucks around and never gets in trouble.
So there you have it. My fears of leaving are simple. I already left, worked at two other places, and hated it! Maybe I’m told old to start over now. I hate being the new girl. I’m pretty friendly, my resume is awesome, I know I could get a better job in a heartbeat but I’m just really apprehensive about the whole thing now. The hard part is, I know that if I want to pay off this debt I need a better paying job or a raise. I already drafted up a letter asking for my evaluation and a raise and am planning on handing it in upon my return from vacation.
I guess we’ll see where that goes!